CONVOCATION DAY – STEP BY STEP
Please read the information below for an overview of what happens on Convocation day. Don’t sweat it! We’ll be here for you to make sure everything goes smoothly.
BEFORE CONVOCATION DAY
1. Pay the convocation fee of Two Hundred Malaysian Ringgit (RM200) - local graduates and Four Hundred Malaysian Ringgit (RM400) - international graduates. Payment can be made at all Bank Islam branches. Payment should be made in favour of SULTAN IDRIS UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION for Account No. 08068 01 0023133. Graduates may use the Bank Islam Bill Payment Slip or other payment methods (refer to the official convocation website (http://konvokesyen.upsi.edu.my). Upon receiving the receipt of payment, obtain a printed copy of the payment slip from Bank Islam as proof of payment. Please bring along the printed copy and receipt of settlement of your debt if you have any when collecting the academic robe.
2. Clearing of your outstanding fee (if any).
3. Confirm your convocation attendance (E-grad system). Key in your user id and your password. Print the invitation letter, confirmation slip and confirm the size of academic robe that you will wear here.
4. Collect your academic attire. Please check the collection date.
5. The rehearsal is an integral part of Convocation Ceremony. All graduates intending to participate in the ceremony should attend the rehearsal. Academic Rehearsal is at Dewan Tuanku Canselor, Sultan Azlan Shah Campus(Proton City).
6. All graduates must be formally dressed and in full Academic Attire. (Take note: your robe will cover everything above your knees.) We do not have a Coat Check. Please make arrangements to leave your purses, briefcases, valises, bags, etc. with family or friends.
7. Each graduate will receive one invitation cards for three guests. The card will be issued when you are collecting the academic robe and no person without a card will be allowed into the Convocation Hall.
Note : Graduates are advised to kindly see the convocation website for detailed information regarding the venue and schedule. In case of any query, kindly send an e-mail to email@example.com
1. Punctuality is essential for all graduates and guests. Any graduates who does not arrive on time will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony. Arrive at the convocation at least one hour before your ceremony.
2. Assemble in Panggung Percubaan @ Experimental Hall
Signs will be posted with program names on them – look for yours, and sit together with your fellow graduates. A staff person will give graduates the call card (barcode number).
3. Proceed to the Convocation Hall (Dewan Tuanku Canselor)
Graduates will enter the hall in procession under the guidance of the marshals and will occupy the seats reserved for them. The ceremony generally runs between two to three hours.
4. Conduct during the ceremony
Graduation is a solemn event and must be appreciated with all seriousness attached to it. Silence must be maintained throughout the ceremony.
Movement and photography by graduates and guests are prohibited during the ceremony. Everyone remains seated unless instructed otherwise.
5. Receive your Credential/Scroll
At the appropriate time in the ceremony, you will be lined up to cross the stage. Present your call card (barcode number) when appropriate to verify your name. When your name is called, walk onto the stage. You will then proceed to the Chancellor/Pro Chancellor who will present you with your congratulatory scroll. Your credential/scroll will be available for pick up in the robing area when you return your gown.
At the end of the ceremony, the platform guests and academic procession will leave the auditorium first, followed by the graduates.
AFTER CONVOCATION CEREMONY
1. Return your Gown
Following the reception, go to Bilik Kuliah 11, Block 1 to return your gown/hood and Bilik Kuliah 12, Block 1 to get your scroll and academic transcript. When you return your gown and hood, the “Gown Card” will be returned to you. This is your receipt that you have returned both to us. There is a RM400 fee assessed to students who do not return their gown and hood.
2. The names on the scroll will appear as they are in the IGS Integrated Information System (MySIS). While collecting the scroll and academic transcript, graduates must ensure that their names are correctly spelt as alterations will be charged after the scroll and transcript has been collected.